Vendee is well known for it’s micro climate, but it can have it’s off days, sea storms and wet weather. Below are listed a few ideas of undercover places to visit, keep the family dry and entertained!
- Museum du Coquillage : Large collection of sea shells,urchins and fossils from our oceans.
- Museum d’Automobile :Collection of vintage cars .
- Abbaye Sainte Croix : Contemporary art exhibitions
Keep the children occupied :
- Aquarium : 7e Continent at Talmont Saint Hilaire and The Aquarium La Rochelle.
- Chocolate Museum in La Roche sur Yon
- Royal Kids & City Zebres : Indoor play park
- Cinema at La Tranche
- Bowling Alley near Luçon & Les Sables d’Olonne
- Indoor Swimming Pool Aquatic centre at La Tranche sur Mer
And of course, there’s always the cathedral at Luçon along with other local churches & abbeys, wine cellars, and local libraries, bars and restaurants !